||Dec 23, 2022
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Senior Back-End Cloud Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will work with cutting edge technologies in an exciting novel area of development for the company.
- Assist in back-end technology choices.
- Cost-efficient back-end coding practices.
- Write robust, maintainable and secure code.
- Web-app front-end communication with back-end code.
- Game client/server communication with back-end code.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Correspond with parties involved in features and feature requests.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- Requisite language expertise: Node.js / Typescript, C++/C, Go (basic familiarity)
- Databases: MongoDB [or similar NoSQL], SQL
- UE4 [or similar engine] experience
- Linux experience
- AWS [or similar provider] experience
- Perforce, Git Experience
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- M.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- AWS Certifications
- MS/Sony/Nintendo console back-end integration
- Unit testing/Test-driven-development
- Steam/EpicGameStore integration
- Payment system integration
- Angular/React framework
- O-Auth/SSO integration
- Cloud security
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/185