Permanent, Full time (40 hrs/wk) position, $66,125 - $99,840/yr. Benefits include dental insurance, medical insurance, and disability insurance. Reasonable moving expenses included.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Network and Security Administrator (NOC 2281) to join our team. In this role, you will maintain and enhance all network infrastructures. This will include overseeing all servers, firewalls, switches and other equipment. You will need to be tech savvy, have strong communication skills as well as strong attention to detail, be a team player and a self-starter with the ability to multi-task. An ideal candidate will also have an interest in staying up to date with technology and is someone who is always looking for ways to improve it. We would also prefer someone who has an understanding of the underlying principles related to working with network and security tools, as opposed to how to perform tasks on one specific vendor’s device.
- Deploy, maintain, optimize and troubleshoot network and security systems; firewalls, NSM tools, switches, DDoS platforms and more
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring of IT infrastructure, identifying threats and addressing them
- Provide problem-solving services to network users.
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records.
- Perform data backups and recovery operations.
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls.
- Outside hours support when key systems are down, or degraded
- Completion of a college or other program in computer science, network administration, Web technology or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience with enterprise switches
- 2+ years of professional experience with application layer firewalls
- Experience with multisite network topologies
- Experience with network and security monitoring platforms
- Experience with DDos platforms
- Experience with 2FA systems
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity directly on our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/8
- Digital Extremes Ltd.
- 250 York St. Suite 100
- London, Ontario N6A 6K2
- Tel: 519-657-4260
- Fax: 519-471-9972
- Email: email@example.com