||May 11, 2022
The First-Year Experience Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Student Engagement and Transition Coordinator and Associate Dean of Students along with Academic and Non-Academic Units to support the transitional program in pre and post-O-Week for new students. They will assist in the development of a year-long program of transitional support for these new students including second-year students who have not been on campus.
The selected candidate will assist with the following:
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with King’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- Introduce the programs, resources, and supports available to all students to promote their success at the start of their university career and as the foundation upon which to support their continued success in their careers.
- Assist in planning all aspects of the post-OWeek First Year/First Time Transition Program including social events, academic events, budget, risk management, space and staffing logistics, communication strategy, accessibility inclusion and diversity under the supervision of the King’s administration and Student Council.
- Supporting the training planning of student leaders as they prepare for their roles with first-year students.
- Coordination and logistics support for The King’s Transition Program.
- Various other tasks as assigned
As this role is being funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program. The following are eligibility requirements:
- The ideal candidate will currently be enrolled in a Post-Secondary program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal.
- Skills and the ability to work in a team environment, mature judgment and
- Good problem-solving and written communication skills are required.
- Critical thinking, Leadership and planning skills are a benefit.
- Experience with student organizations or community organizations is an asset.
- Flexibility of work hours required during orientation week (evenings and/or weekends).
TYPE OF JOB:
Full time Student Contract – 35 Hours per Week for 8 Weeks
$15.78 per hour
Submit a letter of application and resume. References required upon request. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
May 25th, 2022
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 519-433-3491 for assistance.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations