CANTWELL CULLEN & COMPANY INC.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN - London Office
Contract to permanent position
Must meet all security requirements of the Controlled Goods Program, including Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident and a clear Criminal Record
At Cantwell Cullen, we are known as a global leader providing innovative solutions for integrated electrical interconnect and fluid conveyance systems in demanding applications. Be a trusted partner to our valued customers and suppliers
Cantwell Cullen is a business operated within the Zodiac Aerospace Interconnect Systems Division and the Aerosafety and Technology segment of the group. The company develops and produces electrical interconnect and fluid conveyance systems and components for civil and military applications, as well as transportation, nuclear power generation, heavy industrial equipment and agricultural vehicles.
Our company is based in Canada, with headquarters in Oakville, Ontario. The Oakville facility is primarily engaged in the development and production of electrical interconnect systems, while the company’s facility in London, Ontario is focused on development of fluid conveyance applications. Cantwell Cullen has a full design, prototyping, and production capability, and a strong capability to develop integrated system solutions for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Conformity
- Primary Quality Assurance resource to production for product conformity to requirements. (Inspections, FAI, PPAP, Transport Canada Form One, Etc…)
- Responsible for initiation, investigation, resolution and management to closure of NCR, RGA and corrective actions working with those responsible
- Liaise directly with Suppliers
- Performs Supplier FAI review, approval and communication
- Determines acceptance or rejection of product characteristics based on documented acceptance criteria, and industry acceptance standards.
- Control and provide disposition of non -conforming material
- Ensure material traceability is maintained as required
- Ensures product files MO, CO, have required supporting documentation
- Quality Assurance System
- Ensures compliance to all QMS requirements included but not limited to Calibration, root cause corrective action, process/product audits, NCRs, Continuous Improvement, etc…
- Works with Suppliers on product compliance/conformity issues, RCCA and performs audits
- Supports QMS, Customer, Regulatory/Government Audits
- Performs internal audits as required
- Customer Support
- Investigates claims and provides feedback to customer.
- Reviews Customer requirements and provides feedback.
- Ensure agreed to requirements are communicated, and implemented within the organization.
- Coordinates source inspection with customers as necessary
- Liaise directly with Customers as required
- Process Improvements and Flow downs
- Supports implementation of process control, process improvement, and inspection methods
- Performs Data Analysis NCR /RGA towards process improvement
- Supports Corporate initiatives
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Performs training as required
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Residency status to qualify under the Controlled Goods Program Canada
- College Diploma in mechanical, manufacturing engineering technology or a related discipline. CQT or CQE designation an asset
- 2-5 years experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment
- Operational knowledge of quality inspection and documentation such as PPAP, FAI, FPI, CMM report
- English fluency with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on being practical and meticulous
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization from shop floor to CEO
- Highly proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word. Knowledge of Lotus Notes an asset.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to read part drawings and specifications
- Ability to lift and pull up to 50lbs
This position is a contract to permanent within 6 months of hire depending on success in the role.
Office hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please send resumes with covering letter and salary expectations to: