||Jan 06, 2022
Casual Early Childhood Educators
Reporting to the Principal, the supply Early Childhood Educator will team up with the teacher and collaborate in the delivery of programs that will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social, catholic faith and emotional development and communication, language and literacy. Successful candidates will be placed on the “call out list” and will be contacted as required in London, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford counties.
Start Date: ASAP Salary: $21.87/hour
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualifications, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
- Two-year community college diploma in Early Childhood Education with a minimum of one year experience preferably in an educational setting
- Certification with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the mission of the London District Catholic School Board
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education Early Learning Program, curriculum, and related legislation (refer to the Ministry of Education’s website)
- Ability to assist children in washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities
- Physically able to assist children as required, such as stand/walk/crouch for extended periods, move/carry equipment for the program
- The ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination status (attestation) for all staff as directed by the Ministry; unvaccinated staff must comply with applicable testing directives.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.