Job Summary: Promote a high performance safety culture, lead the production of quality parts, and ensure required efficiency targets are achieved by maintaining equipment on a daily basis and providing technical guidance to a team of Production Associates.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Post-Secondary Education:
- Electro-Mechanical/Robotics Technician Diploma OR
- Currently pursuing Millwright/Electrician apprenticeship OR
- Welding/Welding Technology
- Combination of relevant experience and/or education
- 0-3 years' experience in similar role
- Ability to work independently and draw from experience with supervision
- Ability to problem solve where issues vary
- Knowledge of customer specific requirements and IATF16949 management system
- Knowledge of ISO14001 & ISO45001 preferred
- Full understanding of Quality policies and requirements and ensuring adherence.
- Assist in closing Layer Process Audit (LPA) open issues as directed and assigned by Sr. Tech Lead/Supervisor.
- Conduct fixture checks after tooling adjustment to ensure parts are within the specification and coordinate with Quality Inspectors for approval before running production; able to sign off on a first & last off
- Participate in problem solving (i.e. 1x1 problem solving) for early resolution of quality issues arises during the shift.
- Perform adjustment to welding fixtures to achieve dimensional quality objectives as required in coordination with Quality Inspector/Quality Engineer.
- Adjust welding parameters to meet quality requirements.
- Document all changes by in change logs for sealant, weld fixtures, and weld parameters.
- Ensure that red herrings are functioning optimally and are able to detect the potential quality issues.
- Communicate all internal/ external Quality issues at Line side boards daily
- Responsible for mentoring line associates to ensure awareness to recent customer and internal issues, adherence to applicable quality procedures/work instructions and understanding of the consequences when these procedures/work instructions are not followed.
- Ensures issues affecting quality and customer requirements reported by line associate are reported to quality on time
- Manage daily Line side board meetings; update Line side boards on Production requirements
- Responsible for verifying production reports at the end of each shift (scrap, downtime, etc.)
- Develop and implement of continuous improvement ideas/5S projects
- Participate in utilizing problem solving tools (i.e. 1x1 problem solving) to solve daily production problems
- Ensure standard work instructions are being followed and report any changes required to the area leader
- Ensure ok to run checklists, lot traceability, TPM, red herring log, and quality inspection reports are completed by Operators as required
- Responsible for organizing hourly associates as per overtime schedule and report out to the area leader
- Participate in TPM development and implementation
- Proper escalation of issue on a timely manner as per escalation procedure
- Troubleshoot equipment consisting of weld controllers, robotics, and programmable logic controllers.
- Changeover or assist with changeover of equipment, equipment components, or tooling to run different jobs.
- Modify robot, peripheral processes and welding programs as required.
- Preventative maintenance and repairs as required.
- Ability to complete tasks as per E-Maint and produced an effective PM that is attainable, increase equipment longevity and PMs
- Change welding consumables such as electrodes, caps and MIG weld tips, sealant, wire barrels, and nozzles as needed. Optimize the use of consumables to look for better products or optimizing the process. For example, tip skimming for complete cap usage
- Ensure robot and PLC programs are modified in a manner that maintains or improves part quality
- With the participation of a tech lead ensure robot and PLC programs are modified in a manner that maintains or improves part quality and increasing longevity of the equipment and recognizing safety requirements.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and/or equipment components which cause down time in a timely fashion.
- Adjust MIG and spot welding schedules on Medar, Lincoln, Miller, Panasonic and Emhart weld controllers.
- Knowledge and able to Manually Weld
- Understanding the cycle time, bottleneck analysis and assistance on improvement
Leadership and Team Work
- Assist Senior Tech Leads and Supervisor in hourly associates Performance appraisals on hourly associates' Performance Appraisals within area of responsibility with support of tech lead and area leaders
- Assist with managing absenteeism, weekend coverage if needed with the tech leads
- Communicate Take 5s to assigned associates; validate effectiveness of communications
- Participate for in training Associates at the work cell and ensuring the completion of Mentorship Checklists
- Lead shift startup meetings at Line side board daily
- Ensure the Training & Skills on the Line side Training Matrix for assigned Operators are up to date
- Oversee the rotation and cross-training of assigned associates
- Participate in the Evaluation of temporary associates by completing the Core Assessment after their required hours are fulfilled
- Continuously communicate with associates about their performance, morale, job satisfaction, health and well being
- Ensure the culture of the department is aligned with our vision, mission and 10 principles
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- 100% plant floor (PPE required)
- Frequent requirement of handling heavy equipment (operation)
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention to surroundings
Decision Making and Authority:
- Decision Making:
- Participate in the closure of Health & Safety Concerns
- Participate in Quality Decision
- Respond to training needs of hourly line associates
- Establish priorities when faced with multiple projects
- Manpower, resources with support from tech leads/ area leaders
- Quantitative Measurables:
- Oversee department of approximately 8-10 associates per area
- Closure monthly PMs on assigned cell
- Report out bi-weekly on cycle time with improvements if applicable
Apply online here
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Must be able to work with push pull forces of up to 50lbs. or less