This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 23, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
With over 45 years in the Property Management industry, Parkside Property Management has proven itself as a versatile organization that offers management services for a broad range of properties. With an emphasis on exceptional and nimble client service, Parkside provides professional property management services for Residential rental properties, condominiums, industrial/commercial centres, and retail outlets.
Our London, Ontario office is currently recruiting for a Property Accountant. This is a permanent full time opportunity.
Reporting to the Controller and working effectively as part of a team, the successful incumbent will provide accurate and timely accounting services for a variety of residential and commercial properties. Specifically, you will be responsible for supporting the full accounting cycle of condominium corporations, residential rentals and commercial rental properties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Reconciliation of monthly bank statements and control accounts.
- Analysis of account variances and preparation of monthly financial statements for various Boards of Directors and Owners.
- Calculate monthly accruals and record the associated journal entries in the system.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly HST and source deduction remittances.
- Assistance with data entry of accounts payable and accounts receivable as required.
- Provide support for calculation of payroll and source deductions as needed.
- Verify invoices and notify the Property Manager and Vendor of any discrepancies.
- Provide financial assistance to Property Managers and Boards of Directors and assist with financial inquiries.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide assistance in conjunction with year-end audit procedures as necessary.
- Process and reconcile monthly Preauthorized Debit (PAD) files in relation to the collection of condo fees and rent payments.
- Preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required by the Controller, from time to time.
Parkside offers a competitive salary based on experience, including health and dental benefits.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by July 3, 2020 at 11:59pm. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, your cover letter and a current resume can be submitted via email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted.
Parkside Property Management is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Parkside Property Management by phone at 519-652-6122 or at the email address above.
Please visit www.parksideproperty.ca to learn more.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in similar role providing Accounting / Bookkeeping, Financial or Property Management services.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance or professional designation (CPA) would be an asset.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Energetic, organized, self-motivated, adaptable, and the capacity and enthusiasm to learn.
- Experience in the day-to-day operations of commercial, retail, industrial and condominium property management would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Condominium Act, the Landlord Tenant Board and other legislation, statutes and / or regulations as they relate to the position.
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact positively with customers, co-workers, and the general public in a variety of settings.
- Developed interpersonal skills to represent Parkside Property Management professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and use good judgement in all decisions.
- Knowledge and experience working with Yardi Property Management software will be considered an asset;