This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 12, 2022
JOB TITLE: Operations Supervisor- Afternoons (Zone 1- Subject to change)
SALARY RANGE: $73,980 - $97,835
HIRING RANGE: $73,980 - $94,423
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 May 24
The Acting Operations Supervisor provides leadership and supervision to custodial staff ensuring a safe, clean, and well-maintained learning environment for all students, staff, and the community. The incumbent delivers superior customer service to all stakeholders through responsive service delivery and is accountable to make sure that all legislative requirements are met while ensuring that staff are trained and supported through standardized practices.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and assistance to staff through the delegation of work, conducting employee evaluations, completing incident/accident reporting, investigating concerns, and administrating legislative requirements and practices
- Provide operational and administrative support, including responding to school service needs, working with vendors, and completion of budget and expenditure documentation
- Perform staffing and resource allocation
- Participate in recruitment and selection processes
- Develop, implement, and coordinate specialized training for staff
- Provide and ensure a safe, clean, and inclusive learning environment
- Respond to School service needs in an accurate and timely manner
- Supervise staff including delegating work, providing assistance and advice, and conducting performance appraisals
- Address Employee Relations matters, support conflict resolution with de-escalation techniques and provide support to employees through on-site investigations
- Assign and redeploy custodial staff to ensure daily coverage of assignments
- Ensure work is completed to Health & Safety, Fire Code, and other regulations
- Plan and implement staff training, orientation, evaluation, and quality assurance
- Contribute to the planning, budgeting, scheduling, and acquisition of processes related to work orders, audit information, materials, equipment, and security systems
- Participate in Return to Work (RTW) meetings and arrange accommodation for employees
- Remediate operational and service concerns through research, problem solving, allocation of resources and follow up through communication
- Respond to emergency situations and deploy staff as necessary
- Research and recommend improved materials, technologies, processes, and techniques
- Maintain building condition monitoring during non-instructional times
- Coordinate and organize summer cleaning and specialized work projects
- Where required attend and support Board level committees such as Health and Safety, product review, CCAC, wood floor maintenance, etc.
- Prepare supporting documents for site visits and assisting with walk-throughs for Facilities Assessments and OSBIE audits
- Complete special assignments as directed by the Supervisor and/or Manager as requested
- Working knowledge of collective agreements, policies and procedures, and pertinent government legislative acts, codes, and regulations
- Understanding of Facility computer programs such as Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Building Automation System (BAS) and Finance Systems (K212)
- Familiarity with Return to Work (RTW) processes
- Knowledge of various operational, system, and maintenance processes such as HVAC, heat pumps, boilers, cooling towers, electric, plumbing, security, fire systems, and general equipment
- Proficient in computer applications such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Successful completion of a two (2) year post-secondary education or completion of equivalent certificates in Building Operations/Management programs. Five (5) years of related work experience with a minimum of three (3) years in building operations/maintenance, plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a management/supervisory capacity in a unionized environment. The incumbent must demonstrate sufficient technical and interpersonal skills to successfully meet the expectations of this position.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.