This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 19, 2022
The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 22,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford, and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Casual Educational Assistants
2022-2023 School Year
Reporting to the Principal, the casual Educational Assistant supports the physical, behavioural and academic needs of our students, in an inclusive Catholic educational environment. Successful candidates will be placed on the “call out list”, and will be contacted as required in London, Middlesex, and Oxford counties.
Start Date: September 2022
- Child and Youth Care Worker (CYW) or Developmental Service Worker (DSW) diploma or Child and Youth Care (CYC) College Advanced Diploma or a Certificate in Autism and Behavioural Sciences Program (ABS), or Educational Assistant (EA) diploma required
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to students’ daily programs
- Ability to perform lifting, transferring, and toileting procedures required
- Experience utilizing specialized equipment, such as walkers and standing frames
- Experience providing support service in behavioural needs utilizing a variety of behaviour support strategies
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education curriculum, special education, and related legislation
- Current BMS/NVCI/CPI/PMAB, First Aid and CPR training required
- Possess an understanding and commitment to confidentiality
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the mission of the London District Catholic School Board
Salary: $28.38/hour + 4% vacation
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.