This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Date Posted:||Mar 29, 2023|
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager, the Community Engagement and Policy Specialist provides policy-related development, guidance and advice, and assists with special corporate projects. The position leads the development and implementation of current and new policy and program initiatives and manages functions to support these initiatives, including the development of
implementation strategies, the collection and synthesis of background research and information, the analysis of legislative impacts, the development of complex policy documents and implementation plans, and written reports on related policies, programs and projects.
- Conducts policy review, program evaluation, research and project design initiatives for the Division and its related community activities and recommends adjustments where appropriate.
- Analyzes, designs, and consults with stakeholders regarding the creation and/or updating of policies and procedures to accomplish strategic directions, programs and projects.
- Analyzes, interprets and makes recommendations regarding complex legislation and political directions as they impact the operations of the Neighbourhood Strategic Initiatives & Funding Division and other community agencies and resources.
- Conducts research and monitors developments in legislation, governmental policies, procedures or trends that impact the Corporation.
- Provide input on program objectives, federal, provincial and municipal policy implications, and evaluation methodologies.
- Prepare Committee reports, briefing notes and other related documents to support the operation and special projects of the Neighbourhood Strategic Initiatives & Funding division.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines, job aids and training.
- Maintains strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Acts as a resource to various committees and participates in community group meetings.
- Provides interpretation of the impact of developments and trends and assesses the response/position of stakeholders.
- Assists with the development and recommendation of strategies to handle issues and influence the outcome of developments or initiatives Supports the implementation of approved strategies.
- Coordinates, evaluates and recommends amendments and/or additions to existing corporate policies.
- Ensures awareness and understanding of policy matters as they relate to departmental operations.
- Represents the Manager, at various meetings related to development of corporate policy issues or special corporate projects.
- Liaises with Corporate departments on policy related matters.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with counterparts in Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments and related municipal associations.
- Prepares, monitor, and approve expenditures from the budgets and grants.
- Maintains corporate standards of customer service and administrative procedures.
- Implements and maintains risk management programs and safety procedures.
- Provides direction and guidance to casual staff and co-op students, as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Four-year University Degree in Political Science or Public Administration.
A minimum of five years of previous related experience.
Specialized Training & Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; strong understanding of social media and other forms of electronic communications.
- Demonstrated effective conceptual, analytical, and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex issues in written and verbal formats; excellent public speaking skills.
- Project management experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated facilitation, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Effective multi-tasking ability
This position is being filled on a permanent full-time basis. This posting is for (1) positions.
This position is currently under review by the CUPE 101 Joint Job Evaluation Committee.
Current hours of Work: Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These hours of work are subject to change in accordance with the Collective Agreement and may include evening hours and Saturdays.
NOTE: Applicants may be required to complete a job-related test.
Application Contact Information
|Company Name:||City of London|
|Application URL:||Click here to apply online|