Drake International is currently interviewing candidates for an Site Service Engineering Coordinator role within the home building industry. This is role would be reporting to the VP, Land Development and responsible for assisting the team in overseeing land development’s construction projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
- Manage all aspects of site preparation including onsite works and any offsite municipal servicing contracts, as directed
- Provide due diligence assistance to the team for new site acquisitions, servicing, and site work budgeting.
- Participate in design meetings to analyze development plans and specifications for coordination, constructability, and completeness
- Review final site preparation and servicing estimates and the method to deliver the scopes of work (schedule, contract, etc.)
- Manage the consultants and consultant contracts for construction services
- Provide support in the preparation of budget and necessary tenders or contracts with consulting engineers, landscape architects and contractors, and manage contracts
- Help coordinate all construction-related activities with consultants, contractors, and internal staff
- Create and track project schedule and track budgets monthly to ensure accuracy in billing and progress
- Manage security and reductions through to completion including assumption obligations to the municipality
- Establish and maintain positive relationships within the organization and with external consultants, contractors, municipalities, agencies, builders, and homeowners
- Participate in onsite project construction meetings and onsite inspections as required to ensure the project is carried out cost effectively and in accordance with the required schedule
- Provide support in monitoring compliance and ensure damage to infrastructure is assessed and recovered
- Preparing internal project reporting
Education And Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- C.E.T or P. Eng. Designation
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- A valid G driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel to office and site locations
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Contract administration and project management, including contract documents, cost, budget, and schedule control
- Takes initiative and works independently with a strong teamwork philosophy and approach
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment under pressure, within time constraints and under competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain relationships with team members, consultants, contractors, and trades
- Capacity to think critically, problem-solve, assess options, and advance solutions
- Able to work well with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office business applications
- Good understanding of applicable codes, bylaws, regulations and standards in the City of London and surrounding municipalities
- Possess knowledge of lot grading and site servicing for both greenfield and urban developments and contract administration for infrastructure projects
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.