This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 28, 2023
Work Location: Mainstreet Administration Office in Sarnia, Strathroy or Chatham (hybrid available)
Provide technical support to the business through IS related projects and operational support.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement complex technical solutions.
- Determine appropriate use for new and existing technology across the organization.
- Develop and implement technical solutions for business project plans, technology plans, and strategies.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new hardware and software solutions.
- Consult with senior network administrator on how to apply technology to business projects.
- Resolve technical issues.
- Monitor and manage technical environment.
- Perform systems administration.
- Perform and monitor system backups.
- Monitor system resource utilization and prepare capacity plans.
- Determine, evaluate, and recommend performance tuning options.
- Perform reviews of infrastructure including security, network, etc.
- Problem identification and resolution for complex problems.
- Diagnose, document and resolve network infrastructure problems.
- Identify gaps in industry best practices.
- Adhere to technical standards practices, standards, tools, and processes.
- Identify, recommend, and implement enhancements to technical environment.
- Participate in project planning.
- Provide estimates for own and colleagues’ activities.
- Plan and implement changes to network environment.
- Manage vendor relationships.
Measures of Performance
- Determine technical requirements for network infrastructure.
- Research and evaluate technology options in the marketplace.
- Recommend technology solutions.
- Implement technology solutions, working with and managing vendors for delivery and operational services.
Background and Skill
- Systems support tasks are delivered on time, on budget, and to predetermined expectations.
- Customer service feedback is positive.
- Interruptions to business activities are minimized.
Application Instructions: Resumes can be submitted by November 20, 2023 at this link
- Microsoft Enterprise Skillset (AD, AAD, EXO, SQL, MS365 Suite)
- Advanced knowledge of technology products and environments including hardware, software, operating systems, and systems management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of IT industry trends.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail.
- Awareness of system development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sequential series of dependent tasks.
- Experience providing patient and guided help for repetitive issues.
- Basic Programming Skills
- Variables, Conditional statements, Functions and Methods, Loops and Error-Handling.
- Data Structures and Objects