This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 07, 2021
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
**APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED**
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance is responsible for the full scope of Finance strategy and support at Pillar Nonprofit Network.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for Pillar Nonprofit Network’s overall financial information processing, records integrity and operational processes in accordance with ethical, accountable and efficient policies and procedures.
- Develop, track and report on the annual operational budget.
- Provide financial support and business counsel to the Executive Director and Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage the payroll function in conjunction with the external payroll provider.
- Complete day to day finance functions which include posting all journal entries, booking revenue, making bank deposits, preparing cheques, reconciling bank accounts, etc.
- Complete Innovation Works rent process and invoicing process.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment including process and policy documentation.
- Prepare and present financial reports at quarterly Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
- Develop quarterly cash flow projections to ensure the organization is on target to meet its obligations.
- Complete government filings including quarterly HST and annual charity return.
- Execute a smooth year end audit process including preparation of working papers and coordinating with the external auditors.
- Assist with finance requirements for grant applications and reporting.
- Support VERGE Capital’s financial administrative needs and prepare quarterly financial statements.
Contribution to an equitable, inclusive, and anti-oppressive workplace:
- Professional Accounting Designation, (CPA).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Finance and Operations role.
- Progressive management experience including contributing at a senior leadership level.
- Understanding of and experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Proactive, process oriented, adapts easily to changing priorities and demands with a team focused collaborative work style.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, excellent organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude is a must along with the ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office Skills.
- G Suite (Google Apps) Skills.
- SAGE 50 Accounting System.
- Demonstrates respect for people from all backgrounds.
- Looks for the voices present and missing from projects and organizations, and seeks to fill the gaps.
- Suspends judgment and challenges self and others to confront their assumptions and conscious and unconscious biases.
- Committed to learning anti-oppressive practices, taking action, and holding self and others accountable.
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Flexible hours, with occasional evening and weekend work required
- Reports to: Executive Director, Mojdeh Cox
- Contract: Permanent Full-time
- Access to Pillar's Learning & Development program, when possible
- Based at Innovation Works (201 King Street)
Pillar Nonprofit Network was voted one of London’s best places to work by London Inc. magazine!
Our staff-written Team Alliance includes commitments to:
Pillar’s Culture and Values
Pillar is actively seeking applications from people who are Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other equity-deserving groups because we believe in removing barriers to meaningful employment for all.
- Build Relationships with Intention
- Foster Inclusion & Belonging
- Promote Trust & Integrity
- Say What Needs to be Heard
- Nurture a Culture of Caring
HOW TO APPLY
Pillar thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment, selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Pillar acknowledges that posting job salaries signals a deep commitment to equity and transparency. Like many in the impact sector who share these values, we are in the process of the internal work necessary to align with these commitments.
If you have any questions about this posting please email email@example.com and reference "Director of Finance " in the subject line.
- Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 29th, 5:00pm EST. No applications received after the deadline will be considered.
- Please reference "Director of Finance" in the subject line of your email.
Application Contact Information