Job Summary: Supervise all production staff including team leaders, production associates, forklift drivers, and inspectors. Ensure all employees follow company policies including quality, environmental, health and safety, and human resource policies. Responsible for training all production employees and ensuring competency. Assist management by providing production reports.
Required Education and Experience:
- College diploma and/or combination of Grade 12 with minimum 3 years of hands-on Supervisory experience in a related field
- Good working knowledge of assembly and welding operations
- Excellent English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Coordinate all line change overs on shift are performed efficiently. Ensure all Quality requirements are met.
- Monitor and report on Hold Area status. Ensure all non-conforming product made on shift is quarantined.
- Coordinate all rework on shift. Ensure all Quality requirements are met.
- Supervise the shift Team Leaders, Assembly Operators, Welders and the Forklift Operators for the department and ensure training needs, discipline needs and coaching are met.
- Ensure that product identification, traceability, process control, packaging instructions are being followed
- Ensure all first off/last off procedures are being followed at all times
- Ensure LPA is performed as per schedule, follow up to close all outstanding issues within a reasonable time
- Responsible to train all personnel within the assembly department to meet company's target on productivity and efficiency and manage within the scheduled financial budget
- Oversee and maintain inventory levels of parts produced to meet scheduled targets
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure no unnecessary interruption of production requirements
- Provide regular constructive feedback and communication to subordinates formally and informally on company policies, work procedures and work standards etc. and to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
- To make recommendation to Assembly Manager on the confirmation and/or disposition of employees
- Assist in providing management reports and documentation of key measurable as required
- Maintain a system of communicating ongoing departmental performance to subordinates on a regular basis
- Ensure good housekeeping for the department and that all areas responsible are tidy and organized at all times
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives and to encourage all subordinates to do the same
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision and/or directions
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player and a team leader
- Ability to speak at plant wide employee meetings
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, excellent motivator and mentor
- Ability to maintain all production related records in an organized and tidy manner, use sound judgment in dispersing confidential information related to employees data
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Plant Floor (PPE Required)
- Constant communication with employees and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.