Autodata Solutions is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA to join their growing London team!
As a part of our technical team, you will maintain and control access to testing and production of data set across multiple platforms. Design, implementation, operation and database maintenance will make up your day to day including: monitoring, back-up and recovery procedures, performance tuning and implementing database change management.
- Design logical and physical databases and reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method)
- Establish physical database parameters, codes database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to database management system or direct others in coding database descriptions
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Test and correct errors, and refine changes to database
- Interact with Developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Ensure that database systems are available, secure, and that production support procedures are well documented
- 5+ years’ experience in administration of production PostgreSQL environment
- Additionally, experience with any of following database technologies with be a huge plus: MySQL, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Demonstrable expertise with performance tuning, replication and data warehousing
- Experience with Data modeling tools
- Experience with developing stored procedures/queries/triggers/views etc… using various SQL scripting languages
- High availability experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server Always On Availability Groups (AOAG), MySQL replication, Oracle
- Expertise with Windows/Linux Operating Systems and cloud hosting providers (Azure/AWS etc…)
- Automation and configuration management tools
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 26 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community philanthropy helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
Apply for this role today using the following link: http://autodata.applytojob.com/apply/HIcDxYFSZN/PostgreSQL-Database-Administrator
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.