This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 25, 2022
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is looking for an Intermediate Sound Designer. As the Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game including sound design for levels, weapons, A.I., U.I., cinematics, animations, marketing and other gameplay events. You possess a passion for field recording, Foley, and using DAW-based tools to create sound design. You will take direction from Senior Sound Designers and the Audio Director.
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, weapons, A.I., U.I, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events. Must be comfortable creating sound design under the direction of Senior Sound Designers and Audio Director.
- Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine. Ability to work with audio engine tools to achieve the desired audio outcome in game.
- Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in our games.
- Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in our games.
- Find and fix audio related bugs.
- Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting as it pertains to game audio.
- Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS5, Xbox X, Switch).
- Maintain an audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Reaper, plugins, etc.).
- Help to mentor Junior Sound Designers and be a self-starter.
- Passion for helping to continually improve the game audio engine, and work with audio programmer on new features and fixes.
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of audio recording and editing techniques.
- Post-secondary in audio related program.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an audio related field or 2+ years experience in the game industry
Experienced and comfortable working with both Mac and PC
Passion for world-class audio
Thrive in a small-knit team of passionate audio professionals
A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
Above average ability to create sound design for a state of the art next-gen game engine
Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Background in sound design for video games
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/173