NEW YEAR ~ NEW OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a high-energy, change-driven, experienced team player to be part of our Purchasing team. The ideal Procurement Specialist is a highly motivated, energetic professional who thrives on interacting with vendors, sourcing and managing inventory levels. Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, the location of this position is in London, Ontario.
What We Have to Offer
- Employee benefits including health and dental after 3 months
- Visibility to career growth opportunities across the entire Crawford Packaging organization
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Generous vacation plan and paid sick days
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services
- Verify receipt of items comparing items received and items ordered; resolve shipments in error with suppliers
- Prepare and submit vendor evaluations
- Maintain inventory, transfer across locations when necessary
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, or price trends
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history
- Perform other purchasing duties as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Vocational or technical school diploma
- SCMA certification an asset
- Purchasing experience an asset
- Experience in the Distribution industry preferred
- Experience purchasing packaging materials (film, corrugated, foam, labels…) would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of Math and comfortable with numbers
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, strong active listening skills
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team, as well as independently
Established in 1963, Crawford Packaging is North America’s leading distributor for innovative packaging automation equipment, materials, service, and support. We work with customers ranging from small start-ups to large-scale operations in industries such as manufacturing, industrial, distribution, produce, food processing, and more. As an award recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted. Crawford Packaging is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed.
Applicants can apply in confidence to: Twinkle Patel, Human Resources Generalist email@example.com
COVID-19 Considerations: We've taken every precaution during this period and have implemented a workplace COVID-19 response program to ensure the health and safety of our employees.