This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 15, 2022
Posting VCS #70-4
Working as CFT at Vanier you will:
Full Time Child & Family Therapist Positions Available
Child & Family Therapist (CFT) provides direct mental health services to children and their families. This role includes provision of individual, family, and group therapy utilizing a wide range of treatment modalities within the multi–disciplinary context, with emphasis on attachment based, trauma informed interventions, and brief counselling modalities and strategies. The CFT will provide wide range of services described above, including single session therapy in Talk in Clinics in both London and Middlesex.
- Have opportunities for meaningful therapeutic work with children and families towards positive outcomes
- Be part of community of therapists who support each other and take pride in the work they do with children and families
- Have access to quality and regularly scheduled clinical supervision (both individual and group) and opportunities for professional growth through professional training
- Make contribution to building stronger families and stronger communities in London and Middlesex
- Connect and network within the agency in the Community of Practice and outside the agency with partners such as family clinics and centers, schools etc.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or relevant from university with recognized standing
- Experience within at least one model/area of specialization in child or family therapy
- Previous clinical experience working with children and families
- Training in a variety of treatment modalities including a supervised practicum in one of the areas of child development or family development and functioning
- Registration in good standing with professional college, ex. OCSWSSW or CRPO (Qualifying candidates will be provided supervision according to Vanier supervision policies).
- Six months orientation time on the job will be provided to successful candidate to learn Vanier policies and procedures with ongoing support of a clinical supervisor
- Verbal communication skills necessary to convey information, participate in or lead group discussions, engage team members in group decision making and conduct community workshops.
- Ability to complete comprehensive assessments which include clinical formulations and treatment recommendations, and incorporate third party reports and case histories from outside agencies
- Authors accurate and concise reports, forms, and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates an anti-oppressive practice framework in their work with families.
- Demonstrates understanding and clinical skills in trauma, attachment-based interventions, brief and single session therapy.
- Abilities to work in partnership with families, collaterals, and co-workers.
- Clinical judgment in assessing situations of client risk is required for example, risk of suicide, risk of child
Apply in Writing with Curriculum Vitae to:
Manager of Human Resources @ email@example.com
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
- Computer skills to work with Microsoft Office 365 and agency data management systems
- Ability to work remotely as required through reliable wi-fi (portable device supplied by employer)
- Organizational skills to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments
Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.