ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking an experienced Lead Web Developer to join our team. Do you have a passion for creating innovative and engaging web products? Do you day-dream about exciting ways to extend gaming experiences and communities to the web? Do you love leading and growing teams? Then this may be the job for you!
- Build innovative web products to extend our game experiences and communities online
- Own the technical architecture and delivery of all of our web products, including contribution of code and reviewing the code of others
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of talented web programmers into a central web services team that can support multiple games as a service
- Bring a focus on experimentation and rapid prototyping to the team
- Constantly iterate on processes and tooling to reduce development and operational costs
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to deliver world-class, player-first web experiences
- Collaborate with game development and analytics teams to ensure excellent technical integrations
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ managing web teams
- A devops mindset and passion for continuous integration and deployment
- A team player with excellent communication and documentation skills and experience
- Experience with front-end and back-end web technologies, CMS, data modeling/design, working with API layers, and open source technologies (NodeJS, Apache, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with source control tools and management (Git, Perforce)
- Comfortable with Linux command line operations
- Experience with web projects that complement or extend Software as a Service or Games as a Service products - e-commerce, community, publishing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Previous experience with cloud architecture and scalability (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.), containerization (Docker)
- Previous experience with build pipelines and tooling (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/47