ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Intermediate Data Scientist to join our team. You will be working with passionate, highly intelligent game developing ninjas to mine the data to uncover opportunities, drive initiatives and support decisions. As a passionate gamer, you will have experience in the gaming industry as well as demonstrated success presenting complex research data (both qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action. As an ideal candidate, you will also have experience with free to play games.
- Analyze player preferences, trends and behavior to help optimize content production and identify areas for improvement in the game
- Use iterative experimental approaches, statistical methods and modeling to measure the effectiveness of changes
- Extract and organize data into a reliable user-friendly form and present it to interested and affected parties
- Identify opportunities, advocate and direct changes to content production, regional pricing, fraud prevention, vendors and customized offers ensuring positive player value and sentiment
- Collaborate with Insight, Marketing and Development teams to improve the player purchasing experience
- Manage relationships and data pipelines with third party vendors
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis based on current team needs and management priorities
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, other)
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Data Science techniques
- A passion for video games and understanding of gaming culture
- Experience with regional pricing, custom offers and fraud of digital goods
- Experience using Python (or similar) for data analysis, and managing data through relational and non-relational databases (ideally some experience with PostgreSQL and Mongo DB)
- Experience in the gaming industry, specifically Free to Play gaming is a plus
- Strong quantitative analysis techniques and qualitative methods, as well as predictive modeling
- Demonstrated success presenting complex research data (both qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can manage their time effectively and has the interest of integrating into a team of passionate, highly intelligent game developing ninjas
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers". We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of "Giving Back" through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children's holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.