DZ UTILITY DRIVER
Leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor is seeking a high-energy, skilled and committed DZ Driver for our St. Marys branch!
Join a successful and growing company and you will be able to boast to others about our:
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for:
- Dynamic team and progressive company including pride and great care in our vehicles!
- Safety excellence - a proactive safety culture and industry safety leader!
- Commitment to community support and involvement in the communities that we serve!
- Investment in our employees through training and development!
- Safe and timely delivery of propane and fuel to our customers.
- Perform pre-trip inspections on equipment, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
- Comply with all operational and safety requirements.
- Use and operation of a tablet, to exchange necessary information with dispatch & office.
- Record and maintain all required documentation.
- Participate in rotational on-call duties and perform call outs, as required.
- Work variable hours due to fluctuation in seasonal or branch demands. Overtime will be required at times and is processed after 44 hours worked.
- Work outside, including a variety of weather conditions.
- Driver is responsible for cleaning his / her assigned truck both inside and outside.
- Participate in all training programs as directed by the company.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings program. Driver pay starts at $24.24 per hour.
Do you have the qualifications we’re looking for?
If yes, then we want you to apply!
Interested applicants are directed to submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Your Name – St. Marys Driver”.
The deadline for consideration is 9:00am on Monday, October 26th, 2020.
Applicants are required to provide a current CVOR and driver’s abstract prior to consideration and must possess a clean abstract.
What’s in it for you?
First of all…boasting rights (see above)!
As well, this is currently a dayshift position and we provide a competitive salary and benefit package including group insurance, a short & long- term disability program and RRSP matching program. Overtime is paid out after 44 hours worked. And not to mention, employee discounts…and who doesn’t use fuel!
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario DZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement. Clean driving abstract.
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience, preferably with a tandem truck. Liquids experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Physically fit. Ability to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma and basic math, reading, and legible writing skills in completing reports.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity and community responsibility.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.