Employment Program Coordinator, Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Full Time Contract until March 31, 2024
Be the best YOU!
Being a part of Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) means you have a shared passion for supporting youth in reaching their full potential. YOU is a place where your unique background, perspectives, and talents are valued, and help innovate new program ideas to best support youth in our community.
You can make your impact here! Be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where the work you do is truly valued. You will have the freedom to excel in your way by serving young people and knowing you are making a difference for our community.
Come be a part of a team that works alongside youth as they work on goals and be there to celebrate when they achieve those milestones. Help us continue creating a community where youth are embraced and will thrive.
Reporting to the Employment Team Leader, the Employment Program Coordinator leads the delivery of programming for the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy program funded by Employment and Social Development Canada. This role will require coordinating the activities of the front-line team to ensure the understanding of targets, developing methodology for tracking outcomes, and tracking financial information. This position will be responsible for maintaining strong partnerships with community partners and promotion of YOU’s services. Qualified candidates possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and hold values that support our corporate vision of being “A community where youth are embraced and will thrive”.
This position will work closely with the Employment Team Leader to design processes that create positive employment outcomes for clients and adhere to YOU’s Mission, Vision and Values. As part of Career Services,this role works closely with other staff including employment counsellors, job developers, and facilitators to coordinate a wrap around approach that supports youth building skills, confidence, and independence. The successful qualified candidate possesses exceptional communication and organization skills, a high degree of initiative, works well in a fast paced and dynamic environment,and holds values that match our corporate vision and values.
- Developing tracking methodology to accurately gather data and guide the activities of the Career Services Team
- Writing professional and persuasive reports to funders outlining Career Service’s successes
- Working with the Finance team to allocate, manage, and track budgets in excess of $500,000.
- Representing YOU on outside committees and task forces as directed by the Employment Team Leader
- Consulting with community partners and agencies to develop consistent referral processes
- Coordinating youth programming including scheduling workshops, designing training with external partners, and skills development with social enterprises
- Developing procedures to help youth maintain attendance requirements for programs.
- Consulting with staff regarding client progress and opportunities for improvement in programming
- Acting as a first point of contact for colleagues with questions regarding program delivery.
Rate: $40,786.20 - $52,070.20 Annually
Applications must be received no later than: Sunday June 11, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Tyler Paget, Employment Services Manager
Applications should be received electronically in MS word or PDF format as one document.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment. Youth Opportunities Unlimited is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11. Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, they are invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with YOU contact noted above.
- University Degree or minimum 2-year College Diploma in human /social services from an accredited institution
- Ability to build relationships, negotiate, persuade, and manage conflict
- Prior experience working with YESS and/or Employment Ontario programming.
- Prior experience working with youth, including persons from diverse cultural backgroundsandLGBTQ2S groups
- Prior experience working with youth involved in the criminal justice system is an asset
- Proficiency with office equipment including computer use, Microsoft applications,,MS Teams, and file management systems
- Understanding of CAMS, GCOS, Webtracker, and file management systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, achieve targets and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of the London labour market and community supports for youth
- Ability to establish rapport with stakeholders and evoke passion for youth advancement and growth
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet program needs including evenings and weekends
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle and possess appropriate insurance coverage.