Huron invites applications for the position of:
COORDINATOR, PAYROLL & BENEFITS
Huron is completely unique to post-secondary institutions in Canada. With the aim to redefine Liberal Arts education, Huron is creating a university experience unlike any other that prioritizes ethical leadership and community engagement, as much as the pursuit of academic achievement.
As the founding college of Western University, since 1863, Huron has remained strategically small to best serve the needs of its students. We provide an elite, yet accessible, education, because every student with the passion and work ethic to positively change our world deserves to access the knowledge to understand it and the skills to shape it. Huron’s mission is to develop Leaders with Heart from all backgrounds and foster a vibrant and inclusive community and prepare students to be engaged citizens who transform the sectors they work within.
The Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits, under the direction of the Director, Human Resources, will be responsible for payroll, benefits, and pension administration. The successful incumbent will be responsible for advising on all aspects of the institution’s payroll administration including implementing policies and procedures that adhere to legal requirements.
The Coordinator, Payroll and Benefits will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all payroll reports, time sheets, funds distribution, and assuring compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies.
Within this role, the successful incumbent will serve as a first point of contact for payroll activities with significant emphasis on positive client service. The Coordinator will be accountable for resolving issues and responding to inquiries from faculty, staff, and student employees related to payroll and benefits. The Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits will possess a strong work ethic, be a strong team player, and be trusted with highly confidential information.
• Post-Secondary degree or diploma from an accredited institution with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Business Administration or related field;
• Completion of, or working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation;
• Minimum of four (4) years’ related experience working in payroll and benefits position;
• Knowledge of appropriate payroll, benefits and pension legislation and best practices;
• Knowledge and understanding along with the ability to interpret collective agreements, legislation, employee agreements and other regulations as required;
• Proficiency and experience using HRIS and Payroll Software as well as MS Office Suite [Word, Excel (expert level), Outlook];
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred;
• Excellent organizational, time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines;
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, customer service oriented, excellent interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application no later than Tuesday February 8, 2023 by 11:59 pm. Your cover letter and a current resume may be submitted in one document (Word or PDF) in confidence to Huron via email to email@example.com
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, especially those from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224
or at the email address above.