AgilusÂ is currently recruiting for Gas Technicians to work with Lakeside Performance Gas Services Ltd. in the London/Sarnia Region.Â
For over 20 years, Lakeside Performance Gas Services Ltd. has been proudly serving the natural gas industry across Ontario and Quebec in partnership with top Utilities service providers. The company further excels in providing innovative solutions to its customers and extended group of clients. Headquartered in Mississauga with satellite offices throughout Ontario, the company values its dedicated group of personnel who consistently provide customers with the highest level of support.
This position is responsible for the installation, inspection, repair, and maintenance of gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators, heating units and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial establishments.Â
- Understanding drawings and technical specs regarding inspections of new equipment to determine the layout, installation procedures, and materials required for the job.Â
- Installing gas lines â€” pipes, meters, regulators on utility side of meter and connections to supply lines.
- Maintaining and repairing gas lines on the utility meters and minor repairs on the customer meter.
- Testing of safety controls on defective equipment and/or components.
- Apply testing and replacements for utility equipment only.
- Testing and adjustment of control mechanisms and check pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas detecting devices.
- Attending to gas leaks (hot calls) and assisting in the investigation of gas fires and/or explosion.
- Preparing reports on work performed and condition of facilities.
- Advising clients regarding standards, safety features, and maintenance of gas units and system.
- Responding to service calls any time of the day or night.
- Flexibility to travel to different locations within assigned work Area/Region.
- Always adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of a three (3) year apprenticeship program.
- Must have obtained a Gas Fitter license; G2 or G1.
- 1-3 years as a Gas Fitting tradesperson.
- Experience within the gas industry and/or service sector is an asset.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Technical Expertise
- Diagnostic information gathering
- Strategic thinking
- Detail orientedÂ
- Results oriented
- Process oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Exceptional communication
- Personal Credibility
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Regular sitting periods.
- Manual dexterity required to useÂ
- Long periods of standing, bending, crouching, kneeling, or working in confined spaces
- Lifting or moving up to 15 lbs maybe required.Â
- Specific vision abilities required, including close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Travel with minimal contact with customers by phone, fax, or e-mail.
Duties, job type availability, and compensation as a Gas Technician (Independent Sub-Contractor) will first depend on the level of licensing you hold. Our remuneration structure is based on unit rate/piecework. In other words, the volume/quantity of service jobs (units) completed will determine your weekly/annual remuneration and will vary upon your own targeted completion volume. It is important to note that this offer requires an Independent Contractor and that this is NOT an employee-employer relationship.
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Patricia McRae â€“ firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun-Valley Associates.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.