Do you have a science background? Or experience with SCADA?Agilus is recruiting for a Process Leader in the Sustainability Field in London, Ontario.
The Process Leader is responsible for overseeing an effective and efficient composting process; ensuring organic waste is converted to high-quality compost or other beneficial products in a safe and efficient manner within the requirements of the sites permit and contracts. They will be reporting to the Operations Manager. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate brings:
- In coordination with the Operations Manager and Maintenance Leader, plans the process logistics on site.
- Prepare a realistic monthly forecast for the incoming material based on contract information, historical records, seasonality and experience.
- Responsible for scheduling the production process (i.e., preparing work schedules, when to open AD tunnels, composting tunnels, monitor and adjust gas plant as required and ensuring they run to the according regulations);
- In coordination with the activities planned by the Maintenance Leader and Operations Manager, calculates optimal batch mixes/tunnel recipes, and prepares tunnel filing schedules to optimize throughput given forecasts and seasonal changes.
- Monitor, manage and calibrate the siteâ€™s odour abatement systems to ensure the siteâ€™s emissions meet the permits requirements.
- Ensure all necessary permit related samplings, tests and are completed by specialist parties. Review and analyze test results.
- Report equipment malfunctions or system upsets with the Maintenance Leader or Operations Manager.
- Monitor SCADA for process irregularities and adjust when required to ensure material passes through each phase of the composting process within appropriate schedules.
- Knowledge of composting processes and process installation(s) preferably experienced in biological processing of organic waste streams.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in sciences or related field (biology, chemistry, environmental engineering, etc.).
- Clear understanding of the value of compost and its by-products.
- Two yearsâ€™ experience with SCADA and different types of measuring and control technology.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, SCADA, ERP).
- Capable of working 10-12 hour per day or outside office hours if necessary.
- Physical work under harsh conditions (smell, dirt, heat, cold) can be part of the job.
- Working under constant time constraints.
- $72,000 - $85,000 + 10% Bonus + Profit Sharing
- Benefits - Health & Retirement plan available
- Flexible Start Time - Monday through Friday (7am to 8:30am)
- Supervising - a unionized team of about 5 to 7 employees
Please apply directly online by email email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.
We value a diverse workplace.