This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 13, 2021
Position Type: Full Time, permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 2-3 years’ minimum
Education: College Diploma
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
We require an Process Technician Team Member who will be responsible for:
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the efficient operation of Injection Molding process to support the production work schedule;
- Reporting to the team leader, this position is responsible for supporting technical requirements associated with Liquid Silicone Rubber processing; tooling, equipment, programming and robotics.
Do you have?
- Troubleshoot molding process and make necessary adjustments to produce quality parts
- Set up new molds, running molds and change inserts, seals and bearings on the machine
- Carry out mold change over and change material, colour etc.
- Production start up of injection molds and proper handoff
- Engineering of optimal molding processes on new and existing tooling with an emphasis on zero defects and meeting customer requirements
- Utilize measuring equipment, tools, and gauges as required
- Assemble, set up, and program tooling, machinery and equipment
- Ensure compliance to safety rules, procedures, and company policies
- Participate and support continuous improvement and lean systems activity
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by Manager / Team Leader
Successful candidate will also have:
- College Diploma plus apprenticeship or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in operating fully automatic injection molding process end to end
- Experience with Injection molding units an asset
- Experience with Quality System Requirements, such as ISO 9001 and APQP
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply using the following link https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=84
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume please contact Starlim North America Human Resources.
- Experience/understanding of Process Change Management
- Ability to understand product measurements and correlate them to process adjustments
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Above average technical understanding and willing to learn new processes and concepts
- Basic knowledge of engineering terminology, liquid injection molding processes, tooling and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Crane/ hoist certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends