For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of vulnerable women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for the community’s most vulnerable.
About the Position
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the administrator will provide time efficiencies and process consistencies.
This new position has been created during a time of growth at the organization, which is a time of change. During change, we want to ensure we have the most support available to our team, providing timely communication, responses and dependable service levels for staff.
HR administration will include always offering a wow-factor experience for all staff, new and tenured, whenever they interact with our HR team, providing solutions and support. Tasks include:
- team scheduling
- time management software coordination
- HRIS maintenance
- time off approvals
- new hire onboarding
- recruitment support
- employee training sourcing and tracking
As a member of the HR team, the administrator will also work closely with the HR Coordinator and support various projects in health and safety, wellness, endearment, anti-oppression and inclusion.
Various administrative duties will include preparing materials for meetings, responding to general correspondence, assisting on special projects as required. The opportunity to assist with ongoing projects will be plentiful, a flexible and open approach will ensure the administrator is welcomed on those task teams.
This position is primarily located in old east village, close to downtown London, and is required on a full time, 37.5 hours weekly, temporary basis for 1 year. The possibility of extension or permanence is based on funding and performance.
- Completion of Human Resources related diploma/degree
- 2 years experience maintaining administrative support functions within a high demand office
- 2 years experience supporting recruitment efforts of an organization; screening resumes
- Demonstrated understanding of ESA, Human Rights, PIPEDA and how they relate to file management
- High proficiency with office suite
- High degree of self-motivation, drive, and initiative
- Ability to remain tactful and pleasant in high pressure situations
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Experience scheduling across a multidepartment environment
Nice to Haves:
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
- Membership in good standing with HRPA
What’s in it for you:
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, LIHC is proud to support our staff with a well structured compensation plan:
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right person for us and we are the right place for you, please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. If possible, please also indicate in the body of the email where you are applying from (our website, Indeed.ca, professional association employment boards, post-secondary institution employment boards, etc.).
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, we can only accept applications by email at this time. Those selected for interview will be contacted and interviews will be conducted using Zoom. If this technology presents a barrier, arrangements can be made to best suit the needs of the applicant. Further to this, the successful applicant will be working both onsite and from home in the initial employment period.*
Submissions will only be accepted until May 31 2020.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
- A competitive salary with a starting range of $21-$23 per hour
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote career growth