Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
Due to a vacancy, we are recruiting for a full-time (37.5 hours per week), temporary Program Assistant in Autism & Behavioural Services (ABS). This position will support ABS staff across the 10 counties of southwestern Ontario. Some travel to regional offices may be required. This position is expected to begin as soon as possible and end in August 2022.
- Assist with creation of therapy materials as requested (e.g., picture symbols, PECS, choice boards, visual schedules)
- Order therapy resources, supplies, testing materials etc.
- Order, catalogue, track, and maintain resource and equipment information in appropriate databases
- Coordinate resource sales and shipments to community partners and school boards
- Clean and organize toys for ABS clients
- Organize and maintain resources for staff
- Warranty and equipment maintenance of ABS therapy equipment
- Large scale photocopying, laminating, and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-year college diploma in Business or other related field
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Boardmaker
- Experience with Reference Manager, InDesign and Adobe is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple duties and complete tasks in a detailed, timely, and efficient manner
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible to assist with specific projects as needed
- Work effectively independently and as a part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate meetings and events including appropriate people, facilities, and equipment
- Basic knowledge of Autism and ABA is considered an asset
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at email@example.com by October 24, 2021. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.