Agilus is recruiting for a Manager - Mechanical Engineering in the facilities engineering industry in Waterloo, Ontario.
The Manager, Mechanical Engineering is a senior level role. This individual will be responsible for direct management of a team of engineers and technicians as well as providing technical leadership to several divisions within Plant Operations. As a technical specialist & lead engineer in the design of cost-effective systems and energy conservation solutions for the campus, facilities and infrastructure, while collaboratively contributing towards providing a safe and accessible, invitingly clean and comfortable environment. A typical day:
Successful candidates will have:
- Technical leadership in the development of the Campus Infrastructure Master Plan ensuring that plans for the future are incorporated.
- Provides advice and technical leadership in the development of construction standards to ensure that operational needs of Plant Operations, and long-term vision of the campus are coordinated and clearly captured. Provide technical advice to the Energy Manager on various Sustainability and Energy Management initiatives to maximize efforts in Shift: Neutral and reduce Deferred Maintenance. Ensures that designs produced by the Design & Construction division are in line with the vision of individual faculty/ASU as well as the campus as a whole.
- Providing leadership on projects from concept design to final commissioning and user handover.
- Oversee the design of projects. Review and stamp mechanical drawings for building permit applications.
- Ensure assigned staff completed design documentation, calculations, site investigations, financial documents, follow safety processes, and that accurate documentation and financial records are kept.
- Performs as Owners representative meeting Contractors & Consultants during bid procurement of large and complex projects.
- Reviews design documentation prepared by outside consultants to ensure compliance with user requirements, client operational needs, and client Policies.
Represents our client in meetings with government agencies and consultants in regards to project requirements managing long term impact on campus infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License within Ontario (P.Eng.)
- 10+ years of experience as a licensed professional. 5 + yearsâ€™ experience in a senior leadership role in designing, planning and construction of building mechanical systems within a major institutional sector such as education, post-secondary education, hospital or consulting service industry in Canada.
- Physical Plant design experience within the building construction industry will be considered an asset. Extensive knowledge related to applicable codes, building HVAC, automation and mechanical infrastructure systems is essential.
- Ability to supervise & review design to ensure safety, code compliance, and operational efficiency. Ability to stamp (take legal responsibility) for design work of assigned team.
- Demonstrated track record of design, and implementation of energy conservation and sustainability measures.
Demonstrated ability to manage complex and high-risk construction projects.
Please apply directly online by email email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.
We value a diverse workplace.