Are you a Human Resources or Health & Safety student looking for a unique work experience to add to your resume? Keep reading! Working as part of the Staff Experience (Human Resources, Finance, Facilities, IT) Team, the successful candidate for this position will assist in leading and completing various projects within the organization that will have a lasting impact on our health & safety compliance including review and update of policies, applicable procedures and posted materials and signage to ensure not only compliance, but to meet or exceed the standard of best practice.
This position will also have opportunity for exposure to real-world Human Resource and Health & Safety situations and challenges in which the successful candidate will gain invaluable career experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- $17 per hour; includes vacation and benefit payments
- Paid sick and emergency time
- Temporary full time position until return to school in the fall; flexible to accommodate part time for the right candidate
- A fun and engaging work environment including special LIHC-sponsored summer events (past events have included a staff barbecue in Gibbons Park, bowling night at Fleetway, ice cream truck appearances in the parking lot and pizza lunches)
- Pursuing post-secondary education in Human Resources, Health & Safety or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills • Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and prioritize competing demands with little supervision
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds with an inclusive and anti-oppressive lens
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and their application
- Familiarity with employment laws (Employment Standards Act, Human Rights legislation) and ability to translate them to inclusive policy language
- Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health; willing to train
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
Submissions will be accepted until end of day June 20, 2023.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require an accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Due to the vulnerability of our client populations, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance to Human Resources.
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions.
Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.
Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Health Centre and explore our web presence by visiting us online at www.lihc.on.ca, following us on Twitter @HealthCentre or liking us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre