||Jun 22, 2022
Foxwood Building Corporation is known as one of the largest new home builders in London Ontario, building quality new homes, townhomes and condos throughout Southwestern Ontario. Having successfully completed hundreds of new homes and numerous developments like The Foxhaven Townhome condominiums in the northwest of London, as well as multiple phases of some of the current new home developments like, the Bridgeview Townhomes in Fort Erie, Ontario, the master-planned community the Gates of Hyde Park, Royal Parks Urban Townhomes and sold out multiple phases of single detached homes and Middleton in London Ontario. Foxwood Homes is continuing growth in our planning group and a demand to expand our market reach, we are seeking a Senior Planning Project Manager, Land Development for our upcoming projects located in our London , ON office.
Our planning projects that include a full and comprehensive range of land use planning and development related work, property assessments, proposals, designs and applications for clients. So, if you’re looking for personal growth and challenge, we have the role for you! Wait no longer, apply today!
Responsibilities include :
• Manage construction planning projects while leading the preparation, submission and processing of projects and applications including official plan and zoning by-law amendments, plans of subdivision, site plans and condominium plan approvals in accordance with regulations and policies
• Build strong positive relationships while working with your hard-working team and directing communications with clients, municipal staff and review agencies
• Write and prepare a range of planning documents • Attend and present at public consultation meetings and Committee and Council meetings; provide expert Land Use Planning testimony at Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) hearings when required
• Coordinate, manage, mentor and empower a multi-disciplinary team of professional planners and specialists • Research governing planning policy documents and producing preliminary planning assessments for clients
• Assist technical support staff in preparing concept plans, site plans and report graphics
• Coordinate on future project work priorities and assist in developing yearly team plans and budgets for future planning group growth Qualifications,
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive planning experience, including 5+ years in a senior role with project management responsibilities • Post-secondary degree in urban planning from a recognized college or university
• Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute as a Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
• Consulting background as a lead planner / project manager responsible for private development planning applications is preferred
• Expert knowledge of the provincial land use planning system, legislation, policies and plans including Places to Grow, Provincial Policy Statement, and the Planning Act
• Previous experience in providing expert testimony as a Professional Planner at the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) is an asset
• Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as proven project management skills
• Sound knowledge and understanding of current provincial, inter-regional, regional, and local planning issues
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce.
FWH is an equal opportunity employer.
Upon request, FWH will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process
Application Contact Information