LONDON & MIDDLESEX HOUSING CORPORATION
London & Middlesex Housing Corporation (LMHC) is the largest provider of rent-geared-to-income housing within the City of London and Middlesex County. We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Tenant Administration Coordinator
Temporary full-time, bargaining-unit position (approximately 7 months)
As a member of the Tenant Administration team, this position provides administrative and clerical support within a housing portfolio, serving clients of LMHC. The position reports to a Tenant Administration Manager.
The candidate awarded this position must ensure confidentiality in all areas of work at all times.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Set up new tenant files, close-out/archive former tenant files and prepare accurate documentation for on-going tenant files
- Complete rent-geared-to-income calculations
- Prepare documents, including notices of rent adjustments, lease agreements, eviction notices and other correspondence and reports
- Provide quality customer service to other LMHC departments and staff and a diverse tenant population, including meetings with tenants at the front counter to address concerns and / or refer tenants to appropriate staff within LMHC
- Prepare and meter outgoing mail; send and receive faxes, photocopy and e-mail documents.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma plus office work experience
- Previous work experience in the property management field
- Self-motivated, a team player, excellent customer service skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadline dates
- Tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with both external and internal clients in a variety of challenging and stressful situations
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to diffuse emotional and sensitive situations
- Must be able to prepare routine correspondence from brief instructions
- Possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Yardi and Voyager experience an asset)
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, Housing Services Act and the Landlord & Tenant Board
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must submit a current Police Records Check and Vulnerable Position Screening from their local police service for approval by LMHC.
London & Middlesex Housing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment applications may be addressed to:
Tracy Vlasman, Human Resources Manager
London & Middlesex Housing Corporation
379 Dundas Street, Suite 207, London, ON N6B 1V5 or
Fax: (519) 518-2358 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A covering letter and resume must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., August 23, 2013.
Although we appreciate the effort it takes to apply, we can only respond to those candidates selected for an interview.