Entrance Control Officer
The Entrance Control Officer is responsible to enforce all mandated hospital requirements, policies and procedures (i.e. safety footwear, use of Personal Protective Equipment, etc.) regarding access to area units and services. The role will provide information and direction to staff and the public and assist with access in and out of the building in the event of an emergency.
Rate of Pay: $18.46 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
- Successful completion of a diploma in Protection, Security and Investigation or Police Foundations, or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License, preferred
- Recent related experience in a Hospital environment preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), interpersonal, problem solving skills, and de-escalation techniques
- Ability to respond to situations with tact and diplomacy and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to monitor traffic flow through entrances and exits as well as deter any trespassers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated initiative, tact, and good judgement when dealing with difficult and emotional situations
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC's Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide Immunization or proof of immunity reflective of Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) Guidelines. These include measles, mumps, rubella and varicella, and a tuberculosis skin test. Additional immunizations may be recommended. Detailed information regarding health review requirements and immunization can be found at https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/health-review-requirements
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory Police Information Check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Together we care, we learn, we discover.
To apply please visit: https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/careers