|Jan 02, 2024
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
• you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways
• you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
• you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment
• you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others
• you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties.
Our services include: Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
"Y” not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position: Part Time Membership Service Representative
Start Date: 01/08/2024
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years customer service experience (preferred)
• Current First Aid and CPR
• Must possess initiative, enthusiasm, common sense/good judgement, strong customer service skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with strong organizational skills that can maintain a clean, uncluttered front desk workspace
• Strong communication and relationship-building skills
• PC and database management skills with the ability to perform repetitive data entry duties and learn new software programs and processes quickly.
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022. It may be reinstated in future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
• A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
• A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
• May be entitled to up to 12 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
• Benefits package – applicable with position and contract length
• Schedule opportunity will be as needed on a part time rotation, with availability Sunday-Saturday 5:45am-10:15pm
• YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work
• Serve each member, guest, staff and volunteer with courteous service whether in person or via phone
• Strive to stay informed and up to date on all YMCA programs and events
• Provide solutions to member concerns and report any issues to Membership Coordinator
• Conduct and track tours for guests and potential members
• Responsible for the security of the building and members/guests by requiring members to present their cards for scanning and for visitors to sign visitors log and present photo ID
• Data entry utilizing AVOCADO Software
• Conducts personal financial assistance interviews exercising sound judgment and confidentiality
• Administrative responsibilities and support to the Membership Coordinator in ensuring the membership processes are followed to standard; front line role in processing memberships, cancellations, Membership Agreement forms, and branch communication
• Register members and guests for memberships, programs and booking wellness appointments
• Share personal Y experience with all
• Share Y Mission stories
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information