This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 08, 2021
TEMPORARY ABILITIES AND WELLNESS COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Temporary Abilities and Wellness Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $50,774 - $67,148
HIRING RANGE: $50,774 - $64,805
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 October 14
POSITION SUMMARY: The Abilities & Wellness Coordinator supports ill or injured employees by managing, reporting, analyzing and administering all disability-related absences and associated benefits and pension provisions, while providing confidential case management for short-term absences and medical maternity leaves in compliance with relevant policies, legislation and collective agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide first point of contact service to employees, supervisors/managers, departments and unions regarding short-term and long-term absences due to illness/injury
- Assist in ensuring adherence to the collective agreements
- Ensure illness benefits are allocated accurately in accordance with the collective agreements
- Work collaboratively with the various unions to ensure timely completion of referrals to LTD plan
- Order Ergonomic Equipment/Assistive devices through TVDSB e-store
- Review and Process WSIB, SBCI, Manulife and Homewood invoicing
- Provide backup and assistance during the absence of the Abilities and Wellness Specialist and Abilities and Wellness Coordinator
Completion of a three (3) year post-secondary program in Human Resources or equivalent. One (1) year of related work experience is required. Understanding of HRIS (K212) programs, Disability Management and Workplace Accommodation software (Parklane), Workplace Injury Reporting (eBase) and Timekeeping software (TVARRIS); knowledge and understanding of Provincial Legislation (OHRC, AODA, ESA); ability to interpret collective agreement/terms and conditions sick leave language; ability to read and understand medical terminology, strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work in a highly confidential environment; proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.; excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing; and the ability to work both independently and part of a team.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements:
- Respond to inquiries and take appropriate action or redirect as necessary
- Review case information and distribute as appropriate to department staff
- Provide support for short-term case management for ill or injured employees and medical maternity leaves
- Maintain contact with employees appropriate to case management protocols and policy
- Administer five (5) / ten (10) day medical documentation requirements according to collective agreements
- Review and sign-off preplacement medicals for new employees
- Receive, review and process all medical certificates
- Liaise with insurance companies to provide information to employees and family members
- Determine short-term disability benefits, monitor sick leave balances and track benefit utilization for employees
- Process long-term-term disability claims, group life disability and employee disability pension
- Prepare and distribute insurance forms, letters, updates and other documents and correspondence
- Process, input and maintain Workplace Safety and Insurance Benefit (WSIB) claims, payments to the Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and applicable income tax forms for all long-term disability claimants
- Maintain record of payments and recoveries to be requested annually from the applicable insurance company
- Provide information and assistance to Human Resources including staffing, employee relations, benefits, and health and safety
- Identify employees in non-compliance with medical requirements and assist labour relations with the absenteeism program
- Complete LTD employer’s statement, applications for premium waivers for pension and life insurance
- Coordinate Ergonomic equipment deliveries/moves with distribution center/custodial staff
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
Edina Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination attestation requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed