|Jan 24, 2024
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
• you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways
• you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
• you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment
• you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others
• you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties.
Our services include: Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
"Y” not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position/Term: Coordinator, Health and Wellness
Start Date: February 26, 2024
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, Afternoons and Evenings
Qualifications & Experience:
• YMCA Fitness Leadership Certification with the ability to teach other group classes
• 2 years post-secondary education in Physical and Health Education or a related field, or 2 years related experience
• Current First Aid/CPR is a condition of employment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Personal training certification
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Position Screen is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022. It may be reinstated in future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
• A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
• May be entitled to up to 12 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
• Participation in Group Benefits Plan and Pension Plan – applicable with position and contract length
• Adhere to YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work
• Responsible for fitness floor maintenance and monitoring, customer service, program planning and delivery and staff and volunteer mentoring and training.
• Assist with coordination of day-to-day staff schedules
• Assist with creation of program schedules
• Assist with various administrative tasks
• Maintenance of current status of all required qualifications and certifications for self and Health and Wellness team members using internal and/ or central data tools
• Work Duty Manager shifts
• Provide direct leadership in programs modeling/ mentoring service excellence
• Supports and assists in the delivery of branch initiatives including Member and Volunteer Recognition and the Strong Kids Campaign.
• Ensures that program policies and procedures are implemented and monitored proactively
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information