||Sep 16, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 2-5 years experience as a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk with proven knowledge in either Health Law and/or Personal Injury. In this role, you will be hired directly by the firm and become a valued member of their London team on a full time, permanent basis.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working in a legal environment and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. Applicants will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
* Answering the telephone, scheduling conference calls and appointments;
* Requesting conflict checks, opening and closing files;
* Communicating with clients and the courts;
* Compiling, serving and filing motion records and other court documents;
* Maintaining an effective bring forward system;
* Preparing and paying invoices to 3rd parties;
* Scheduling Examinations for Discovery
* Transcribing dictation;
* Drafting of correspondence and finalization of correspondence and memos;
* Requesting cheques, paying invoices;
* File maintenance and scanning into DMS (document management system);
* Regular reporting to the client;
* Updating the Health Law Portal and transmitting correspondence through CMPA Portal;
* Entering CMPA fee estimates into Health Law database.
* Knowledge of Relativity® is an asset for this position.
Salary is neogtiable pending experience
Compensation package inlcudes above market compensation, RRSP, benefit package includes medical, dental and vision after 3 months probationary period
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Salary: CA$40000 - CA$60000 per year + Benefits
Application Contact Information