Senior Mechanical Designer
We design cool machines, check out our website.
Arva Industries located in St. Thomas, Ontario is offering an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Designer. In this role, you will be responsible for leading high level design of mobile equipment, primarily cranes and trains, including mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical functions. The successful candidate will be able to lead a design and build project as well as mentoring other engineers.
Senior Mechanical Designer duties
To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have:
- Manage design and build projects of mobile equipment
- Oversee design and check other people's work
- Detail design in Solidworks
- Lead design reviews
- Interface periodically with customers to ensure Arva design meets with customer requirements
- Develop test plans for commissioning equipment
- Advanced understanding of mobile machinery
- Hydraulics understanding is required, but expertise is preferred
- Experience calculating stresses in your designs
- Driveline experience is an asset
- Good at working under urgent deadlines
- Solidworks is preferred, but not mandatory
- P. Eng is preferred or equivalent technical and design experience
In this full time role, your remuneration will be based on your abilities as a design leader and your experience with similar machinery.
If qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to KSpicer@arvaindustries.com