||Sep 28, 2023
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
• you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways
• you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
• you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment
• you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others
• you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties.
Our services include: Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
"Y” not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position: Child and Youth Program Staff - Youth Leadership Courses
Start Date: Saturday, October 28th
Qualifications & Experience:
• Previous experience working with teens and youth in a classroom setting is an assett
• Experience working with children, sports programming, creative movement, coaching
• Current First Aid and CPR
• Participation in YMCA Healthy Child Development (training provided)
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022. It may be reinstated in future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
• A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
• A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
• May be entitled to up to 12 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
• Benefits package – applicable with position and contract length
• Expectation for 2-3 youth leadership program shifts a month only on weekends (Typical shifts 8:45 am to 2:15 pm, 1 day or all weekend programs)
• Expecation for coverage of 1-2 program shifts a week, evenings, and weekends
• YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work
• Learn how to effectively lead all child and youth programming
• Create developmentally appropriate program plan
• Deliver child and youth programs to assigned participant group
• Participate actively in all child and youth activities and special events
• Incorporate inclusive programming allowing for children of all abilities to participate
• Involve participants in choice of activity where appropriate
• Encourage participants to set and achieve goals
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information