Agilus is recruiting for a Director of Information Systems
in the Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Industry
in London, Ontario.
As the Director of Information Systems, you will be reporting to the VP, Corporate Services. You will provide strategic leadership on projects and application support. You will bring your IT expertise and thought leadership as well as strong technical knowledge of computer applications such as SAP and a solid understanding of the electrical utility market.
- Contributing to strategic direction/plan, roadmap and business plan of Agilus' client's IT landscape, including emerging technologies
- Selection and application of appropriate computer technologies, ensuring compatibility with existing technologies, including SAP, Itron, Intergraph, Green Button and Mobility/Web
- Managing the Project Management Office and/or application support group, including internal and external staff
- Program management from initiation through implementation, including strategic planning, business case application, budget preparation and management, quality assurance and testing management, resource management (internal and external staff) through to project completion
- Development of business cases, including ROI / NPV analysis
- Preparing regular status reports of ongoing project and support activities for the Executive and Steering Committees
- Managing service level agreements, hardware and software selection, consulting services and supplies
- Leading the development and evaluation of Requests for Proposals for IT project-related services
What's in it for you:
- Successful completion of a Computer Science, Engineering or Business degree from a recognized university
- A PMP certification is preferred
- 5 to 8 years of relevant IT experience in a mid-to-senior management role
- A demonstrable record of significant achievements in the Information Technology field
- Technical knowledge of computer applications: SAP, Intergraph, Oracle Database, Webtools (.net), JD Edwards, and Mobile Apps
- Extensive knowledge of the Electrical Utility market, including Smart Meters, Time-of-Use Billing, Meter Data Management/Repository, Retailer and Wholesale Settlement, Distribution System Automation, Demand Control and Outage Management, and Geographic Information Systems
- Business savvy, including business planning, business case analysis, and ROI/NPV analysis
- Applicants who receive any conditional offer of employment from this client will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. Agilus' client will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to grounds protected under the Human Rights Code
- A competitive Salary
- Full Benefits
- An opportunity to grow your career with a large, established energy company
Please apply directly online by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.
We value a diverse workplace.
Agilus Work Solutions is committed to employ people from diverse backgrounds and we actively demonstrate inclusiveness through fair, equitable and accessible hiring practices. We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome candidates who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons within the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative format available on Request