This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 17, 2021
Building Automation Technician
We are looking for a Building Automation Technician who is an energetic and motivated individual with knowledge in electrical and controls systems and ideally has HVAC product experience.
Ingenuity Building Efficiency Technologies is a building automation services provider for all sectors including institutional, commercial, industrial and residential. Starting out in specializing in integration and troubleshooting, Ingenuity has grown into a full-service building automation provider from design, construction, service and installation. We are close-knit family-oriented company who pride ourselves on our high-quality work. Our customers know us as a company that will perform to the highest standards. We think outside the box to offer innovative solutions. We serve all of London and surrounding areas. Our main office is located in Springfield, ON.
Ingenuity is looking for a Building Automation Technician who has experience in electrical systems, electronics and/or control systems. We seek someone with the required skills to work part of a team to install, maintain, and service building automation systems.
- Perform building systems integration through BACNet, Modbus, and LONworks
- Commission and program systems
- Perform software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation
- Create graphical user interface
- Ensure installed systems are working properly
- Create and manage technical documents including updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients
- Service and maintain systems/networks
- Trouble shoot systems/networks
- Support clients through educating and training operators and answering any application inquiries.
- Coordination with a variety of subcontractors to ensure projects are completed on time and to the highest standard
- Complete other duties as directed by the controls manager
What this job offers:
This job offers the opportunity for a talented individual to apply their knowledge and skills within a rapidly growing and forward-thinking company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to share their innovative ideas, gain valuable knowledge, and make significant contributions as this thriving family business continues to grow. We strongly support professional development and offer opportunities for advancement. This is a permanent full-time position, and includes a company benefit plan and a competitive wage.
- Mechanical engineering degree or technician/technologist diploma
- 2+ years of practical related electrical or control system experience
- Driver’s licence and acceptable work vehicle
- A knowledge of electrical and controls systems principles and practices within the HVAC industry is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing workloads. Able to set priorities among competing projects
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through skills
- Working knowledge of various system design and technical software
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Application Contact Information