This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 18, 2022
||College Diploma (3 years)
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
As the academic commons of the University, Western Libraries provides the library and archival expertise and infrastructure – information resources, technology, people, and spaces – required to cultivate and mobilize knowledge, and accelerate excellence in teaching, research and scholarship.
As part of the Library Information Technology Services (LITS) Department in Western Libraries and reporting to the Manager Library Information Technology Services, the Library Systems Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the Windows servers, network and printing services provided by Western Libraries’ are available and operational at all times.
The Library Systems Administrator collaborates and consults with Western Technology Services when considering Libraries’ system architecture to ensure that Library network and printing systems are compatible with the broader campus wide architecture. This role will also monitor, support and administer data centres providing second level support for outages and participating in projects as appropriate.
- 3-year Community College Advanced Diploma in Information Systems
- University degree in Computer Science preferred
- 3 years’ experience with Windows systems administration
- 5 years’ experience administering a wide range of Windows-based applications common to large enterprises.
- 3 years’ experience troubleshooting complex network services
- 3 years’ experience in a large academic library system preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and follow through on work assignments as well as work effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Proven judgment, analytical and problem solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Proven ability to interact with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work in a fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with technical and non-technical users
- Demonstrated ability to install, upgrade, and resolve problems with Windows applications and operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to configure and troubleshoot peripherals used in a complex library environment
- Critical thinking and discernment to assess and scope areas for process improvement and an ability to offer creative solutions
- Strong customer service skills to handle inquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #26761 by midnight on June 14, 2022.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.