Autodata Solutions is looking for a DevOps Database Administrator to join their London team!
As a part of a DevOps team, the DBA will focus on automating workloads into repeatable and consistent processes while leveraging appropriate tools. Builds are scripted as much as possible and then managed in a source control system. You will take control of the tools and process used to deploy this code, to build a streamlined and reliable system that our Developers can use to push their changes in a controlled and rapid fashion. As a DBA, you will mentor and guide others to build stable and efficient database code during the development phase. You will ensure we meet certain data design principles while acting as a data guardian.
- Work with Development resources in partnership to codes, tests and implementations of database solutions
- Coordinator physical changes to both relational and non-relational databases
- Design logical and physical databases and review descriptions of changes to database design to understand how changes affect the physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method)
- Establish physical database parameters, code database objects/queries and specify identifiers to DBMS or guide others in coding best practices
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Interact with Developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Ensure that database systems are available, secure, that procedures are well documented and leveraging scripting and automation technologies to improve speed of delivery (GIT, Ansible)
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in MySQL and MS SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Demonstrable expertise with performance tuning, replication and data warehousing
- Experience with Data modeling tools
- Experience developing stored procedures/queries/triggers/views etc using various SQL scripting languages
- High availability experience with SQL Server Always On Availability Groups (AOAG), MySQL replication, Oracle
- Expertise with Windows/Linux Operating Systems and cloud hosing providers (Azure, AWS etc)
- Comfortable with automation and configuration management tools
- Strong abilities in backup & recovery, security and monitoring applications
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 26 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 300 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office events including summer BBQs, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage, kickboxing, indoor rock climbing, art/painting classes, Escape Room and lunch and learns
- Ongoing community philanthropy helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, Girls Rock I.T., Explode Conference, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Employee discounts on vehicles and accessories available through select clients
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and free coffee!
Click here to apply! For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.