St. Thomas, ON
||Feb 22, 2021
Greenhouse Supervisor (Day/Night Shifts)
Full-time, permanent position
St. Thomas, Ontario (Talbotville rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. We are currently seeking a Greenhouse Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate will be required to work the night shift for 1/3 of the year.
Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Coach, guide, and work with Team Leads to achieve planning rates and quality production goals.
- Teach and track workflow, based on established company methods and practices, ensuring Team Leads understand their duties or tasks.
- Monitor productivity, efficiency, and performance of greenhouse workers.
- Ensure safe and healthy work practices are being followed in accordance with Ontario’s
- Promote teamwork, and motivate Team Leads through ongoing communication of mutual expectations and recognize outstanding performance.
- Coordinate work activities across multiple departments and various levels within the organization.
- Provide insight and offer suggestions to related to quality, morale, and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Must be willing to perform the duties of a greenhouse labourer when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work night shift for 1/3 of the year.
- Completion of high-school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Demonstrated ability to operate various types of equipment.
- One-year work experience as a Team Lead or Supervisor.
- First aid certification is considered an asset.
- Good communication, relationship building, and leadership skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Location/Working Conditions
- Greenhouse environment in rural area.
- Repetitive tasks, combination of standing, bending, walking, crouching.
- 30 – 55 hours per week.
How to apply:
Submit your Cover letter and Resume.
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject title: Greenhouse Supervisor
Fax: 519 637 2449
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.