This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Thomas, ON
||Apr 25, 2022
Full-time permanent position
St Thomas, Ontario (Rural location)
Process & IT Manager
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. We are seeking custodians to keep our employee facilities clean and sanitized throughout each workday. The custodian will be responsible for keeping a running inventory of cleaning and sanitizing supplies including some PPE materials and submitting purchasing requests when supplies run low. The custodian will be part of a 3-person custodial department working on a 7-day rotational shift schedule.
Maintain cleanliness and sanitization of all employee facilities through the scheduled workday including:
- Lunchrooms, washrooms, locker rooms, offices, floors, glass, garbage, and recycling removal.
- Manage sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- Ensure employee area floors are cleaned by either mop/pail or floor scrubbing equipment.
- Seasonal cleaning like windows, employee patios, entrances.
- Use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks based on a schedule created by the facility management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a janitorial role is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable bending, kneeling, twisting, and squatting while performing custodial tasks.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written directions accurately.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
Wage: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
- Exposure to outdoors, inside the greenhouse, and office environments. Maybe seasonally hot.
- Need to be willing to work on rotational shifts and weekends when scheduled.
- Lifting or moving up to 30lbs may be required.
- Work hours may vary depending on business needs.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
- Submit your cover letter and resume by: