This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 07, 2023
Part-time Special Constable (2 Positions) (CSS 41207)
Campus Security Services
Facilities Management and Community Safety
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Part-time Temporary
Hours: Up to 29 hours maximum per week, working various shifts within a 24/7 operation.
Salary: $34.31 per hour
Closing Date: November 21, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Work Categorization: These positions require daily on-site presence and are not subject to hybrid work.
Note: These are part-time temporary Administrative positions until November 30, 2024 and are subject to ongoing renewal.
Note: Campus Security Services will not be accepting phone calls or inquires relative to this posting.
Duties: Under the general direction of the Patrol Supervisor, Campus Security Operations, the primary purpose of these positions is to provide security and law enforcement at the College, including enforcement of College policies as it relates to safety and security. The incumbent will be required to successfully obtain Special Constable Authority through the London Police Service Board and to execute those authorities in accordance with the London Police Service, Special Constable Standard Operating Procedures. The incumbent will operationally be responsible for a security patrol shift, conducting investigations, and to lay charges under both criminal and provincial legislation when warranted. The incumbent will also assist with efforts towards implementing crime prevention, safety awareness and workplace violence prevention programs conducive to the College environment and culture.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. CSS 41207) TO:
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma in a recognized Law Enforcement/Police Foundations/Law and Security Program or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ practical law enforcement/security background
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate, Dispute Resolution or Crisis Intervention training
- A valid certificate (Special/Constable) from the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Constable Selection System is preferred
- Previous Police/Special Constable experience is preferred
- Competency in computer operations (i.e., Word, Excel, email, PowerPoint)
- Thorough knowledge of the Criminal Code and applicable Provincial Statutes and Municipal By-laws
- Demonstrated commitment to physical fitness and well-being
- Knowledge of mediation skills and alternate dispute resolution methods
- Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Knowledge/experience with basic investigative and interviewing techniques
- Ability to take charge in emergency situations
- Recognize and maintain confidentiality of security information
- Understanding of College community
- Understanding of Community-Based Policing principles
- Knowledge of Ontario Fire Code, WHMIS, and Spills Response procedures
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Patrol Supervisor, Campus Security Services
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.