||Oct 12, 2021
About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain, and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Commodity Purchasing Manager will be responsible for enhancing and managing a sourcing plan for required commodities while closely monitoring and managing inventory levels. Working with cross-functional internal stakeholders to understand commodity requirements, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong supplier relationships, while continually seeking out opportunities to improve quality and increase cost efficiencies.
If you love the idea of working with internal teams and external partners to devise strategies and solutions that optimize value of the supply chain function, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about utilizing your analytical capabilities to assess supplier performance and evaluate supplier agreements, and are naturally curious about current market developments and technologies, you will want to keep reading.
If you are naturally a confident negotiator and decision maker, with a continuous-improvement mindset and a drive for establishing sustainable supplier relationships, then you will want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
If you’ve got:
- Manage strategic sourcing of high-value materials and finished products to achieve cost efficiencies.
- Conduct regular RFPs for goods and services to ensure cost competitiveness on goods that represent a material component of purchased products and services.
- Lead and negotiate supply arrangements with existing and new suppliers.
- Develop and implement Service Level Agreements with key suppliers.
- Develop and enhance relationships with key strategic suppliers, leveraging their knowledge and expertise.
- Establish and manage vendor consignment programs, where appropriate.
- Perform periodic vendor audits to ensure supplier quality, on-time delivery, and continuous supplier base improvement.
- Responsible for supporting the necessary management, tracking, and reporting on supplier quality programs.
- Support, design and implement sourcing and procurement processes and systems using current SAP technology.
- Manage and balance material flow to ensure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries.
- Coordinate and assist in working collaboratively with scheduling and manufacturing operations to optimize raw material inventory levels of key commodities.
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a resume and let us know why you are interested: https://joneshealthcaregroup.hiringplatform.ca/processes/38116-commodity-purchasing-manager?locale=en.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma (in a business, supply chain, engineering or operations related area).
- PMAC (Purchasing Management Association of Canada) or CPP (Certified Professional Purchaser) certification preferred.
- Previous experience managing pulp or paper commodities an asset.