||May 14, 2020
Assistant Plant Controller
Tandem has been retained to conduct a proactive search for an experienced manufacturing accounting professional to join their team. This organization located in Tillsonburg, is a global leader in automotive manufacturing and is at the forefront of innovative technologies.
As an integral member of the Accounting team, the Assistant Plant Controller role includes, but is not limited to: balance sheet management, forecasting and reporting, executing on financial commitments, ensuring accounting compliance and partnering with plant personnel. The goal will be to move this person into the Controller role within a few years.
- Coordinates the Profit Plan and Outlook
- Ensures Month end process and checklists are accurate and executed according to timeline
- Supports P&L improvements. Identifies and supports cost improvements and program profitability activities.
- Responsible for coordinating plant finance team.
- Manage the development of cost standards and expense budgets to establish acceptable bases for measuring product cost, expense control and plant performance.
- Prepares and supports Capital Appropriation Requests including financial justification in accordance with company guidelines.
- Leads daily and monthly KPI activity & reporting to Controller and Plant Manager to ensure deliverables are being met.
This is a growing company and a newly created position to support growth so the successful candidate can make it their own. I look forward to speaking further with interested professionals.
Tandem's Mission is to recruit the very best people who align with the core values of our clients, excel in their areas of competency and support business objectives with transparency and integrity. Please forward a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and thank you for your consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in finance or accounting. Working towards designation an asset.
- Desire to be a Plant Controller
- 5+ years of finance and accounting background in a manufacturing environment. Automotive experience is a preferred.
- Experience with financial systems required. MFGPro/SAP/HFM
- The ability to build partnerships with plant functional areas.