Senior Mechanical Designer / Stress Analyst
We design cool machines, check out our website.
Arva Industries located in St. Thomas, Ontario is offering an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Designer. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and stress analysis of vehicle structures, as well as sub systems on mobile equipment, primarily cranes and trains, which include mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems. The successful candidate will be able to design and analyse steel structures and generate stress reports.
Senior Mechanical Designer / Stress Analyst duties
To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have:
- Design steel structures and perform stress analysis for mobile equipment
- Detail design of mechanical systems in Solidworks
- Lead design reviews
- Advanced understanding of steel structure design, mobile machinery experience preferred
- Hydraulics understanding is required, but expertise is preferred
- Driveline experience is an asset
- Good at working under urgent deadlines
- Solidworks is preferred, but not mandatory
- P. Eng is preferred or equivalent technical and design experience
In this full time role, your remuneration will be based on your abilities as a design leader and your experience with similar machinery.
If qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to KSpicer@arvaindustries.com