|Feb 09, 2024
Join the Y Health + Fitness Team!
Be the Spark! Join our passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed childcare in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates 2 overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for over 50 years!
Position: Supervisor of Child & Youth Programs and Day Camp
Location: Family YMCA of St. Thomas-Elgin – St Thomas, Ontario
Start Date: March 2024
• 40 hours/week
• Varying shifts may include mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations.
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
Reporting to the General Manager, this position provides supervision and coaching to members, staff and volunteers within the Child and Youth programs and service areas ensuring program excellence. The core function of this position is program planning and implementation, customer service, staff and volunteer recruitment, training, and performance management.
In this position you will:
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
• Manages employees of the Child and Youth and Camp Department
• Manage departments budgets
• Ensure consistent delivery of excellent customer service to both members and potential members of the YMCA. Supervisor will demonstrate the values of the YMCA as it relates to the scope and responsibilities of his/her role as supervisor.
• Develop, direct, and implement new and current programs
• Liaise with external community groups and partners
• Recruitment, training and development of staff, volunteers
• Provides direction to all camp programming including summer, school year and break weeks
• Development and maintenance of program plans including program evaluation and program inquiries
• Preparation and execution of payroll responsibilities
• Prepare and manage participation and program waitlists seasonally as per demand
Education and Skills Qualifications:
• Post secondary education in recreation, child and youth studies, or another relevant field is an asset.
• Computer skills – Word, Excel, Windows, basic Internet skills
• 1-3 years related work experience.
• 1- 3 years supervising a staff team
• Familiar working with general financial statements & excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• First Aid/CPR Certified
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in managing multi-program budgets.
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers.
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
• Click Apply Now
• The job posting deadline closes at midnight on Feb 23, 2024.
• Include in your submission your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role. Please include the name of the position and location in your application.
• We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information